Thursday, July 26, 2012

July 26, 2012

Lord, I pray for the battle for my eyes. My eyes are a window to my soul. The eyes determine my heart. May I only have eyes for you, your word, and your face. Turn my eyes from worthless things. Turn my eyes away from the lusts of the flesh and the pride of life. I make a covenant with my eyes not to look lust fully on another woman. This has been an ongoing battle for me, for years. I need a breakthrough lord. This weakness in my life is constantly attacking me. Please help me to overcome. I can not do it in my own strength and i need your strength and you to fight the battle for me. It constantly overwhelms my thought life and attacks my spirit. I don't want want it anymore. Kill my flesh lord so your spirit may have preeminence. Wash me with your word and renew me my mind and make it yours. I feel so weak and inadequate with this battle because just when I get a small victory, I take two steps back. I am at a loss for what to do. I cry out for your help. Will you deliver me from this stronghold. Will you strike down this constant barage of immoral thoughts in my mind. I want to be pure. I want to be holy. I want to have clean hands and a pure heart. I want you to be the only one that catches my eye. I want your beauty to encapture me like nothing or no one else. Thank you lord, that though my heart and flesh fail, you are still my portion. I need you so much lord. I can do nothing without you. I desire only you. This world with all it's lusts and pursuits hold no value compared to your pleasures and thoughts toward me. May your presence and your voice be the greatest desire and pursuit of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment